A four-storey Georgian house in historic Cable Street on the edge of the City is being sold for the first time in 40 years.
It needs total renovation but backs on to St George-in-the-East, one of Hawksmoor’s famous City churches. Cable Street is where anti-fascists and locals famously saw off Oswald Mosley’s Blackshirts in 1936.
The house was built in the 1780s for a sea captain from the nearby docks. It has two rooms in the basement, kitchen and dining rooms and a 26ft reception room, with two bedrooms on the top floor, and is for sale for £595,000 through Georgian Property, the non-profit-making estate agent supporting the Georgian Group.
Call 087 1789 1789, or visit www.georgianproperty.com. Reuse content