Masterpiece London opens its doors for the first time on Thursday 24 June (with a preview on Wednesday 23 June), offering an eclectic collection of unique items from fine and decorative art pieces to premium collectors' items, vintage wine, fine jewellery, cars, photography and contemporary design.
© Amir Mohtashemi
This new event is the brainchild of an eminent collective of Mallett, Apter-Fredericks, Ronald Phillips and Asprey, who have set out to organise a sophisticated event to showcase treasures from the art and antiques world.
More than 117 top names will be exhibiting, with free daily lectures from various experts taking place in the seminar theatre. Topics include 'Star pieces - the enduring beauty of spectacular furniture,' by David Linley, and 'Recovering stolen art', where Art Loss Register will discuss the intricate process of recovering stolen pieces, illustrated by some high-profile cases.
Highlight pieces at the fair include:
* The Midsummer Chronophage - new time keeping work of art that offers an alternative way of showing time
* £1 million “Queen” billiard table
* Some superb humidors and gentleman’s accessories from Linley
* Various paintings by Stubbs, Renoir and Picasso
* An early 20th-century silver and enamel landau carriage
* A rare pair of Regency period ebonised and parcel guilt armchairs attributed to Morel and Hughes
* An 1803 important mahogany and gilt-bronze Empire commode by Bernard Molitor, Paris
Special ticket offer:
We have teamed up with Masterpiece London to offer readers two-for-one tickets. Simply print out this page and take it along with you.
Full price tickets cost £20 a person and each ticket includes a copy of the Masterpiece London magazine.
Masterpiece London (24-29 June 2010) at the Former Chelsea Barracks, Chelsea Bridge Road. London SW1. Call 020 7499 7470 for more details. Reuse content