Tamarind is a Michelin-star, fine-dining Indian restaurant in the heart of Mayfair.
© Tamarind/Taste of London
* 4 portabella mushrooms
* 8 cup mushrooms
* 8 oyster mushrooms
* 8 shitaki mushrooms
* 40g natural yoghurt
* 10g ginger and garlic mixed into a paste
* 20g gram flour
* 20ml vegetable oil
* A few sprigs of fresh coriander
* Salt to taste
* A pinch of turmeric
* 1g saffron
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 tbsp coriander and mint puree
* 8 cherry tomatoes
* 8 pickled onions with beetroot
* A few coriander sprigs
* A pinch of Chaat (tangy) masala
1. Divide the basic marinade into four equal parts.
2. Add turmeric and saffron to one part to marinate the oyster mushrooms
3. Add coriander and mint puree to the second part
4. Add paprika to another part to marinate the cup-mushrooms.
5. Marinate the portabella mushrooms using the fourth part.
6. Grill the mushrooms over gentle heat and toss immediately with pickled onions (soaked in vinegar, with salt, sugar and bits of beetroot), cherry tomatoes, sprigs of coriander and add a sprinkling of tangy masala and a squeeze of lime.