The bee master of Bermondsey, Steve Benbow, says: "The buyers at Fortnum & Mason are very knowledgeable folk. Sam Rosen Nash, for the Grocery Department, has recently started keeping her own bees. She is always one of the first to race up onto the roof when there are reports of swarms appearing in the West End, to check that the bees are still there - which they usually are. This recipe of Sam's features their honey."
* 4 tbsp Fortnum & Mason heather or lavender honey
* 225g butter
* 350g plain flour
* 15g cornflour
* a pinch of salt
* caster sugar and fresh strawberries, to serve
1. Cream the honey and butter, then fold in the flour, cornflour and salt.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for three to four minutes until smooth. #
3. Wrap in cling film and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out on a floured surface to 1cm thick. Using a cutter, cut out small discs and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 160C (325F) until lightly browned.
6. Serve sprinkled with caster sugar and fresh strawberries.
The Urban Beekeeper: A Year of Bees in the City by Steve Benbow