Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
* 2 heads of broccoli, broken into florets 1 tsp salt
* 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into very fine matchsticks
* 2-3 tbsp coconut oil (flavourless or not)
* a handful of fresh basil
* 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
* 1 tbsp broccoli cooking water (see method)
* 1 tbsp fish sauce
* 300-400g monkfish
* grilled cherry tomatoes, to serve
1. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of salted boiling water for three minutes, then drain, reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water, and cool immediately under cold running water.
2. Gently fry the ginger matchsticks in the coconut oil over a low heat for two minutes. Turn off the heat and let the ginger infuse a little longer.
3. Blend the broccoli with the ginger flavoured coconut oil and a little of the ginger (reserve some ginger for the garnish), the basil, chilli, the reserved cooking water and the fish sauce.
4. Salt the monkfish and steam for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked. Reheat the broccoli mash until hot, then spoon it onto two plates.
5. Put the monkfish on top and sprinkle with the reserved crispy ginger sticks. Serve immediately with the grilled cherry tomatoes on the side.
More from Eat. Nourish. Glow:
Recipe taken from Eat. Nourish. Glow. by Amelia Freer, out now in paperback at £16.99 (HarperThorsons). Photography Ali Allen.