Serves 4 | 445 kcals
* 30g dried porcini mushrooms
* olive oil
* 250g mixed mushrooms
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 good splash of brandy
* 4 tbsp single cream
* 1 tsp truffle oil
* 800g baby new potatoes
* ½ a savoy cabbage (roughly 400g)
* 200g tenderstem broccoli
* 250g frozen peas
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* ½ a lemon
* 4 x 125g quality fillet steak medallions
* 150g oyster mushrooms
Ingredients out: kettle boiled; casserole pan, high heat; medium frying pan, medium heat; griddle pan, high heat; stick blender.
1. Put the porcini into a mug and cover with boiling water. Halving any larger ones, put the new potatoes into the casserole pan and cover with boiling salted water and the lid. Slice the cabbage 2.5cm thick, add it to the pan and replace the lid.
2. Put one tablespoon of olive oil into the frying pan and tear in the mixed mushrooms. Squash the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher over the top, add the porcini (reserving the liquid) and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss regularly.
3. Rub the steaks with salt, pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil, then place on the griddle pan with the oyster mushrooms, turning the steaks every minute until cooked to your liking.
4. Trim the ends off the broccoli, then add it to the casserole pan with the peas to cook for two minutes. Drain, toss in the extra virgin olive oil and the juice of half a lemon, and season to taste
5. Add the brandy to the mixed mushrooms, carefully light it with a match (if you want), let the flames subside, then add the cream and truffle oil and bring to the boil.
6. Adjust the consistency with the reserved porcini liquid (discarding any gritty bits), then blend the sauce to the consistency of your liking and season to taste. Serve with the steaks, oyster mushrooms, spuds and greens.
More from Jamie Oliver:
Taken from Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals eBook, published by Michael Joseph. Recipe © Jamie Oliver 2012. Photos © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited 2012, by David Loftus.