Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 150g arborio rice
* 500ml hot fish stock
* 200g prepared squid tubes (with tentacles), washed and dried
* 2 small tomatoes, deseeded and diced
* 10g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a medium flameproof roasting tin and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for two minutes until softened. Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil.
2. Pour in the stock and season. Cover the tin with foil and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender but still retains a little bite.
3. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the squid tubes and tentacles with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Lay them on the griddle pan and cook for one to two minutes each side. Transfer the squid to a board and cut into 1cm thick rings. Stir the squid, tentacles, tomatoes and parsley into the risotto and serve straight away.
* This risotto would be just as good with prawns instead of squid. Use the same quantity of raw peeled tiger prawns and cook as the squid, making sure the prawns are pink and cooked through before adding to the risotto.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com Reuse content