* 400g of 70 per cent Valhrona chocolate
* 6 whole eggs
* 150g castor sugar
* 300ml double cream
1. Place a bain Marie in a 150ºC oven.
2. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of hot water making sure the bowl is not in direct contact with the water. Remove from the heat.
4. Meanwhile separate the eggs. Whisk the yolks with 100g sugar till pale in colour.
5. In another bowl whisk 150ml of cream until it gets soft peaks.
6. Whisk the eggs whites and add the remaining 50g of sugar gradually until soft peak stage. It should look light and glossy almost like the meringue mixture.
7. Finally, to combine everything, mix the melted chocolate into the yolk mixture. Stir in the other 150ml of unwhipped cream. Fold in the whipped cream. Carefully fold in the egg whites and pour into the prepared tin.
8. Place the tin in a bain Marie. The water level should be right up to the rim of the tin. Bake for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. It should be firm on the top with a slight wobble.
To find out more about the London Restaurant Festival 2010, visit homesandproperty.co.uk/events.