Preparation time: 20 minutes plus marinating time
Cooking: 10 mins
Per serving: 545 cals/16g fat
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
* 2 tbsp miri rice wine
* 4 tbsp light soy sauce
* 2 tbsp sake (optional)
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 4 salmon fillets, skin on
* 250g soba noodles
* 4 spring onions finely chopped
* 1 red chilli, finely chopped
* 1 carrot peeled and coarsely grated
* 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
* 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
* 2 limes
* 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Combine the garlic, ginger miri, soy, sake (if using) and sugar in a jug. Places the salmon fillets in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade. Leave for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
2. Place the salmon skin-side up on a sheet of foil and cook under a hot grill for five minutes. Turn the salmon over, spoon over the marinade mixture and cook for a further four minutes.
3. Add the spring onion, chilli, carrot and sesame seeds to the noodles. Add the juice of one lime and drizzle with sesame oil. Toss well.
4. Put the noodles into a bowl or on plates and serve the salmon on top with any juice spooned over, garnished with lime wedges.