Rosemary lamb kebabs with honey and redcurrant glaze
These kebabs are quick to cook and fun for the family to assemble in pitta bread with a choice of toppings
Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus 15-20 minutes marinating
Cooking time: 12-14 minutes
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp clear honey
* 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
* 4 tbsp redcurrant jelly
* 680g lamb, diced leg
* 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
* 1 pack six pitta breads
* 50g bag lamb's lettuce
* 170g tub reduced fat houmous or tzatziki
1. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, honey, rosemary and redcurrant jelly.
2. Thread the lamb and red onion pieces onto four metal or wooden skewers and place in a long dish. Brush the kebabs with the honey glaze, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high and cook the kebabs on the grill rack for six to seven minutes, turning once or twice until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
4. Warm the pitta breads in a toaster or in a preheated oven. Halve, split and serve with the kebabs, lambs lettuce and a dollop of houmous or tzatziki, leaving everyone to fill their own pittas.
Cook's tips: if using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 10 minutes first before threading on the meat.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com
Revealed: top 10 most affordable towns within an hour of London