* 100g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids)
* 50g white chocolate
* 500g full-fat cream cheese
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 125g caster sugar
* 3 medium eggs
* 14 Oreo cookies, crushed
* 45g unsalted butter, melted
* 100g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), melted
* 100g salted roasted peanuts
* 1 bag of mini marshmallows
* 1 bag of mini Oreo cookies
* 12 griottine cherries
1. First make the base. Heat the oven to 170°C/Gas Mark 3. Put the Oreo cookies in a plastic bag and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and stir in the melted butter.
2. Take a 12-cup muffin tin and spoon a tablespoon of the crumbs into each hole, pressing them down to level. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 140°C/Gas Mark 1.
3. To make the cheesecake, melt the dark and white chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer on a low speed, mix together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth. Do not over mix.
5. Add the eggs and mix until combined. With the mixer still on a low speed, gradually mix in the melted chocolate.
6. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 40–45 minutes, until the top is firm and they are no longer wobbly. Be careful not to let them soufflé up or they will be overdone.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins. You can also put them in the freezer for an hour to remove them more easily.
8. To finish, pour some of the melted chocolate on top of each cheesecake, then sprinkle with the peanuts, marshmallows, mini Oreo cookies and griottine cherries. Drizzle with more melted chocolate.
More from 80 Cakes From Around the World:
Extract taken from 80 Cakes From Around the World by Claire Clark, published by Absolute, £20.00, Hardback. Photography © Jean Cazals