Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 35 minutes
1 bunch of fresh beetroot, scrubbed, stalks trimmed (about 450g)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp soured cream
1 tsp creamed horseradish sauce
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
100g bag watercress
100g stilton cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7.
2. In a pan, cover the beetroot in cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and drain. Toss in one tablespoon of the olive oil and season.
3. Place the beetroot in a small roasting tin and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until browned.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk together the remaining olive oil, soured cream, horseradish, wine vinegar and seasoning. Reserve a spoonful of the dressing and toss the watercress and crumbled stilton in the rest. Arrange on four serving plates.
5. Remove the beetroot from the oven and cut each one into quarters. Arrange on the salad, drizzle with the reserved dressing and serve with crusty bread.
To save time, serve the salad cold, and use ready-to-eat beetroot. Simply cut the beetroot into quarters and arrange on the dressed watercress and stilton salad.
Recipe provided by Waitrose.com