Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
* 120g spinach, washed
* 4 x 150-175g fresh cod fillets (skinless)
* 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
* 2 tbsp seasame seeds
* 1/2 large cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
* 75g radishes, thinly sliced
* 3 tbsp whte wine vinegar
* 1 medium avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7.
2. Spread the spinach over a large non-stick baking tray. Place the cod fillets on top and drizzle with 1.5 tablespoons of the sesame oil. Season with cracked black pepper then place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is just cooked through and opaque.
3. Meanwhile, place the sesame seeds in a frying pan and toast for 2-3 minutes until golden. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix the cucumber and radish slices with the vinegar and the remaining sesame oil.
5. Peel and slice the avocado. Divide the avocado and spinach out between the plates. Top with the cod fillets, then the cucumber and radish salad. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com Reuse content