*900g carrots, peeled and whole
*Olive oil, for roasting
*2 tablespoons cumin seeds
*Large knob of butter
*Salt and black pepper
1. Roast the carrots whole - with a little olive oil drizzled over them.
2. Cook in low oven at 160ºC/gas mark 3 for a good hour.
3. Either leave the roasted carrots whole or slice them into chunky ovals.
4. Then toast the cumin seeds for a couple of minutes in a dry frying pan to bring out the flavour.
5. Add a large chunk of butter to the pan and toss with the cumin seeds.
6. Season and serve immediately.
To order Sarah Raven’s Garden Cookbook, Sarah Raven’s Complete Christmas and Sarah Raven’s Food for Friends and Family at 30% off plus free p & p visit www.bloomsbury.com/sarahraven or call 01256 302 699 and quote the reference “GLR6KJ” when you place your order.