Serves 4 | 408 kcals
* 25g dried porcini mushrooms
* optional: 4 anchovy fillets
* 1 dried red chilli
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 700g passata
* 8 black olives (stone in)
* ½ a bunch of fresh basil
* 1 large free-range egg
* 400g ricotta cheese
* 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
* 1 lemon
* 40g parmesan cheese
* 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
* olive oil
* balsamic vinegar
* 400g firm green or yellow baby courgettes
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 1 fresh red chilli
* ½ a bunch of fresh mint
* 1 lemon
Ingredients out: kettle boiled; large frying pan, medium heat; large casserole pan, low heat; food processor (fine grater).
1. Put the porcini into a mug and cover with boiling water. Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, add the ricotta, finely grate in a quarter of the nutmeg, the lemon zest and parmesan, add the flour, then beat together.
2. Put one tablespoon of olive oil into the frying pan, then use a tablespoon to spoon in eight large dollops of the mixture, turning carefully when nice and golden.
3. Put the anchovies (if using) and one tablespoon of olive oil into the casserole pan, crumble in the dried chilli, and squash in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher.
4. Finely chop and add the porcini with half their soaking water and the passata, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Squash and add the olives, discarding the stones. Pick and reserve a few basil leaves, then chop the rest and add to the sauce.
5. Grate the courgettes in the processor (you could use a box grater here) and tip into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, the juice of the zested lemon and the extra virgin olive oil.
6. Finely chop and add the chilli and the top leafy half of the mint, then toss together. Place the fritters on top of the sauce, then scatter over the reserved basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic and serve with lemon wedges.
More from Jamie Oliver:
Taken from Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals eBook, published by Michael Joseph. Recipe © Jamie Oliver 2012. Photos © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited 2012, by David Loftus.