© Tara Fisher
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
* 150g vermicelli rice noodles
* A drizzle of mild olive oil
* 300g large cooked and peeled prawns
* 1 green apple, sliced paper-thin
* 180g sugarsnaps, each cut into 3 on the diagonal
* 3 tablespoons chopped mint
* 50g dry-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
* 3 tablespoons chopped coriander or Thai basil, plus a little extra to garnish
* Juice of 2 limes
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 1 teaspoon caster sugar
1. Dunk the noodles into a pan full of boiling water and cook for 1½ minutes so they have softened but not overcooked. The noodles will continue to soften once they are in the salad. Drain and cool under cold running water.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle over a little olive oil to stop the strands sticking together.
3. Add all of the other ingredients (holding back a cluster of peanuts), and combine so everything is evenly distributed.
4. Serve straight away with the reserved peanuts and extra chopped coriander or Thai basil resting on top.