Makes about 26
Calories: 42 per macaroon
* 55g skinned pistachio nuts
* 40g icing sugar
* 1 tbsp rice flour
* 2 egg whites
* 55g caster sugar
* 55g desiccated coconut
* 1 tbsp chopped mint
* pistachios, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Place the pistachio nuts, icing sugar and rice flour in a food processor and process until finely ground.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff, then gradually whisk in the caster sugar. Fold in the pistachio mixture, coconut and mint.
4. Spoon the mixture in small rocky heaps onto the baking sheets and press a pistachio on top of each.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, until firm and just beginning to brown. Cool on the baking sheet and serve.
Recipe adapted from Wheat Gluten & Dairy free are part of Parragon Books range of Love Food cookbooks. Visit www.parragon.com/lovefood