Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 20 minute
For the lime curd:
* 6 yolks
* 2 whole eggs
* 80g sugar
* 100g lime juice and zest of all the limes from juicing
* 170g butter (melted)
* 1 tsp white wine vinegar
* medium pinch of salt
* 20ml vanilla essence
* 5g corn starch
* 240g egg whites
* 400g caster sugar
* 1 vanilla bean split and scraped (only use seeds)
* 1 mango diced into a neat 1cm cubes
* 2 passion fruits
* 100g raspberries
* 100g blackberries
* 100g strawberries
1. To make the lime cured, cream the eggs and sugar. Add the butter, juice, lime zest and whisk on a low heat until it thickens.
2. Simmer for two to three minutes then cover in a bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge.
3. For the meringue: place the egg white into the bowl and whip with the salt until very thick.
4. Add the vinegar and cornflower, followed by the caster sugar, adding slowly so it thickens. Add the vanilla seeds at the end and whip until firm.
5. Using a big spoon, place tthe mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape it into a long rectangle and bake at 90C for about two hours to dry out.
6. To assemble, place the lime curd onto the meringue, followed by the sliced fruit and then the passion fruit last. Finish by dusting with icing sugar (optional).
More from Tom Aikens:
Stella Artois has partnered with Michelin-starred chef Tom Aikens to create a series of recipes with social sharing at their heart. To find out more, visit www.Youtube.com/StellaArtoisUK