* 6-8 good quality scallops
* 2 large Maris Piper potatoes
* 100g polenta
* some milk and cream
* a handful of hazelnuts
* steamed greens, such as Romanesco
* Mirabeau Pure Provence rosé
1. Peel the potatoes and slice into small chunks. Boil the potatoes until very soft and mash them using a potato ricer. Return the mash back to the pot and add the polenta.
2. Add a small cup of milk and some cream to get a gooey consistency, then leave on a low heat for the polenta to soften within the mash.
3. Prepare the vegetables and keep warm.
4. Ensure the pan is hot before adding vegetable oil and a knob of butter, then fry the scallops both sides until they are just cooked and a little crispy (about three minutes each side).
5. Remove the scallops from the pan, then fry the hazelnuts using the leftover butter.
6. Deglaze the pan with a glug of rosé and let the alcohol evaporate. When only a little liquid is left, add some more butter to create a sauce.
7. Place a spoonful of mash onto a clean plate and place the scallops on top. Pour over the sauce and nuts using a spoon. Chop some chives, sprinkle over and arrange the vegetables around the perimeter.