Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* Grated zest and juice of one small lemon
* 7.5g fresh oregano, leaves only, roughly chopped
* 4 lamb leg steaks
* 225g long grain rice
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 75g pack soft apricots, roughly chopped
* 2 x 300g tubs Joubère vegetable stock, hot
* 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
* 10g fresh coriander, chopped
1. Using a fork, whisk the oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano and a little seasoning together in a wide, shallow non-metallic bowl.
2. Add the lamb leg steaks and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the rice in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick and apricots, then pour in the hot vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
4. About 10 minutes before the rice is ready, heat a frying pan until hot and add the lamb, reserving the marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-cooked meat.
5. Add the marinade and cook for a minute, then remove from the heat. Stir the pine nuts and coriander into the rice (discard the cinnamon).
6. Serve with the lamb, with the hot sauce spooned over.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com