Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
*4 potatoes, unpeeled
*3 green peppers
*olive oil, for drizzling
*300g caprino or goat’s cheese sliced
*salt and pepper
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted, boiling water for 20–25 minutes until tender. Drain, peel and cut into wedges.
3. Cook the mangetouts in lightly salted, boiling water for 8–10 minutes until tender, then drain.
4. Meanwhile, place the green peppers on a baking sheet and grill, turning frequently, until blackened and charred.
5. Transfer to a plastic bag, seal the top and leave to cool, then peel, de-seed and cut into large slices.
6. Place the potatoes, mangetouts and pepper slices in a salad bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt and add the caprino or goat's cheese.
7. Season with pepper, toss gently and serve.
Recipes adapted from 'The Silver Spoon' new edition (2011), published by Phaidon Press.
To order The Silver Spoon new edition at a special discount price of £23.95 (usually £29.95) including p&p (in the UK) visit www.phaidon.com or call 020 7843 1234, quoting the reference SNE001. Offer valid until 17 February 2012.