Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 slices of prosciutto
* 600ml chicken stock
* 8 sprigs of mint, leaves only
* 450g frozen peas
* 100ml crème fraîche
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the prosciutto until crisp. Remove from the pan, drain off excess fat on kitchen paper, then crumble into small pieces and set aside until needed. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper.
2. Heat the stock in the wiped-out pan and add the mint and peas. Cover and boil for five minutes then drain the peas and the mint, reserving the stock.
3. Transfer the peas, mint, and half the stock to a food processor. Add 60ml crème fraîche and blend to a smooth paste, gradually adding the remaining stock through the funnel of the processor.
4. Return to the pan, adding a little more stock if you prefer a thinner soup. Season to taste. Reheat but do not boil.
5. To serve, pour the soup into warm soup bowls, and garnish with a swirl of the remaining crème fraîche and the reserved pieces of prosciutto.
Recipe from MasterChef EveryDay, DK, £20, www.dk.com
More recipes from MasterChef EveryDay
* John Torode's pan-fried sea bass and prawns
* Gregg Wallace's top-choc tart with a trio of toppings