*40g butter, softened
*4–8 slices Bayonne ham
*2 tablespoons chopped
*100ml double cream
*sea salt and freshly ground
*crusty French bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2.
2. Generously butter 4 individual ovenproof dishes or ramekins and place on a baking tray.
3. Divide the ham slices between the dishes, laying them over the base and up the sides.
4. Crack 2 eggs into each dish and then top with some of the parsley and the cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 12–15 minutes until the eggs are just set.
6. Scatter over a little more parsley and serve warm, with crusty French bread.
More from James Martin's French adventure:
James Martin's French adventure (Quadrille, £20.00) Photography: Peter Cassidy