Hollowed squash with lentils, courgette and blue cheese
This tasty butternut squash with lentils, courgette and blue cheese is the prefect mix of colours and flavours
© Tara Fisher
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
* 1 large butternut squash
* 1 small courgette
* 75g crème fraîche
* 150g Stilton, crumbled
* 1 x 400g tin green lentils, drained
* 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and discard. Place, flesh-side down, on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Slice the courgette in half length ways and then chop into 0.5cm crescents. Place in a bowl with the crème fraîche, crumbled stilton, lentils and parsley. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Cover and place in the fridge until needed.
4. Remove the squash from the oven. The flesh should be softening slightly but still have a bit of bite to it. Then leave for a few minutes until cool enough to the touch.
5. Using a spoon gently remove the flesh from the centre of the squash. Be careful not to get too close to the sides, allowing a one to two cm around the edge so the squash doesn't collapse. Dice the flesh and add to the chilled mixture. (Stop here if preparing the dish in advance.)
6. Spoon the courgette and squash mixture into the hollowed out squash halves. Keep on piling it in, pushing it down and piling it in.
7. Finish by sprinkling the remaining stilton over the top and return to the oven to cook for a further 30 minutes.
8. I suggest leaving the squash halves to sit for 10 minutes or so when they come out of the oven, as this allows the delicious liquid to be soaked up in the vegetables.