* 600g heirloom tomatoes
* 12 caperberries
* 2 large burrata, 200g each or small burratina, 100g each
* 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
* 1 clove of garlic, cut in half crosswise
* 60ml (4 tbsp) balsamela (beschamel sauce)
* 60ml (4tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
* sea salt and black pepper
* basil leaves
1. Wash your tomatoes and slice them into small to medium sizes, tip into a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Toast or grill sourdough slices until golden brown, brush lightly with the garlic.
3. Arrange a slice of bread on each plate. Season the tomatoes with salt and black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and gently mix. Spoon half of the tomatoes over the bread.
4. Cut the large burrata in half and arrange on top of the bread. Alternatively, if using smaller burratina, just sit whole on top of each slice.
5. Serve the rest of the tomatoes over the burrata, garnish with the caperberries and basil leaves.
6. Drizzle your olive oil all over and around the plate, then the balsamela and serve immediately.
More from The Jones Family Project:
This recipe is from The Jones Family Project, an independent restaurant and bar in Shoreditch, London. For more news and events from the team head to www.jonesfamilyproject.co.uk.