The Bloomsbury Hotel is home to Landseer British Kitchen, and Executive Head Chef Paul O'Brien has conceived a retro-British menu with a modern twist and an emphasis on locally sourced produce. Here is one of his tasty recipes to try at home.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Local supermarket cost: £18.00
* 4 x 190g fresh clean tuna steaks
* 4 x 30g Ragstone goat's cheese (grated)
* 1 x small tin of plum tomatoes (drained)
* 1 x small onion peeled and sliced
* 4 tsp of balsamic vinegar
* 2 tsp of sugar
* 1 bunch of basil (shredded)
* Salt flakes to season
* Dash of olive oil
1. For the chutney - add the olive oil to a small frying pan, cook the onion until soft, add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and some shredded basil. Leave for five minutes.
2. Grill the tuna for one minute on each side and then top with the freshly made chutney and the grated Ragstone goat's cheese.
3. Place under the grill until the cheese melts and is ready to be served.
* Serving suggestion: serve with a green salad.
* Most people prefer tuna to be cooked pink in the middle.
* If Ragstone goat's cheese is not available, substitute with another English variety.
Recipe from Executive Head Chef, Paul O'Brien.
Landseer British Kitchen
The Bloomsbury Hotel, 16-22 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NN
Tel: 020 7347 1000