* 300g baby new potatoes
* 200g extra fine green beans, trimmed
* 675g broad (fava) beans, shelled (shelled weight about 225g)
* 200g halloumi cheese, cut into 5mm (1/4in) slices
* 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste with a large pinch of salt
* 6 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
* 15g fresh basil leaves, shredded
* 3 tbsp chopped fresh savory
* 2 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
* salt and ground black pepper
1. Thread the potatoes on to four skewers, and cook in salted boiling water for about seven minutes. Add the green beans and cook for three minutes more, then cook the broad beans for two minutes.
2. Drain all the vegetables. Refresh the broad beans under cold water. Pop each out of its skin and discard the skins. Put the beans in a bowl, cover and set aside.
3. Place the halloumi slices and the potato skewers in a wide dish. Whisk the garlic and oil together with black pepper. Add to the dish and toss the halloumi and potato skewers in the mixture.
4. Prepare a barbecue, and place a griddle on a rack over it, or heat a griddle on the stovetop. When the griddle is hot, place the cheese and potato skewers on it
and cook for about two minutes on each side.
5. Add the vinegar to the oil and garlic remaining in the dish and whisk to mix. Toss in the beans, herbs and spring onions, with the cooked halloumi. Serve, with the potato skewers laid alongside.
More recipes from Classic Salads
Classic Salads by Sara Lewis, published by Lorenz Books, £16.99.