* 4 eggs
* 250g green beans, topped and tailed
* 300g goat’s cheese, sliced
* 100g anchovy fillets
For the dressing
* 6 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
* pinch of sugar
* 0.5 tsp English mustard
* 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
* 5 tbsp olive oil
* bunch of fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
1. To prepare the dressing, put the cherry tomatoes in a bowl with a pinch of salt and the sugar. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and beat together using a whisk.
2. Pour the dressing into a clean jam jar. Screw the lid on, shake vigorously for a minute or two and then place in the fridge to chill.
3. Soft-boil the eggs (see cooks tip below). Carefully peel the eggs and put to one side.
4. At this point, prepare to assemble the salad quickly, so it's made while the beans are still hot. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the beans for four minutes. Drain immediately and place into a bowl.
5. Add the goat's cheese and mix with a spoon, then add the dressing. Finally, add the anchovy fillets.
6. Divide the mixture equally between four plates. Cut the soft-boiled eggs in half and place on
7. Finish the dish by drizzling any dressing remaining in the bowl over the eggs.
Cooks tip: Boil the eggs for four minutes if they’re at room temperature, or for four-and-a-half minutes if you’ve kept them in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from the book 'Best Of British ' published by Kyle Books, £15.99.