* 6 free-range eggs
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
* 8 slices of bread (whatever type you like)
* 8 fresh figs, cut or torn in half
* 90g (3¼ oz) organic honey, warmed
* icing sugar, to dust (optional)
* 8 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1. Preheat frying pan to medium. Beat the eggs with the maple syrup or honey and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Soak each piece of bread in the egg mix for about 10 seconds so that the bread goes a bit soggy.
3. Drain off the excess egg from the bread and place onto the lightly greased barbecue hotplate or pan. Cook for two to three minutes until golden on one side, then flip over and cook until golden on the other side.
4. Cook the figs, cut-side down, for one to two minutes or until golden and then place onto a platter with the French toast. Drizzle with the honey and dust with icing sugar. Serve with ricotta cheese.
Recipes and images taken from Cook with Love by Pete Evans published by Murdoch Books, priced £20