Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
* 400g chicken breats cut into pieces
* 1 stalk lemon grass, shredded finely
* 1.5cm piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 2 tbsp sesame oil
* 200g curly kale
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
* 2 tbsp light soya sauce
1. Mix the chicken with the lemon grass, ginger, garlic and half the sesame oil and marinate for five minutes.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan and add the chicken. Stir-fry for five to seven minutes until the chicken is browned and almost cooked through.
3. Add the kale and pepper to the pan and continue to cook for three to four more minutes until the kale is wilted and the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat.
4. Stir in the soy sauce and cook for a minute. Serve with steamed rice.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com