Chilling time: at least 1 hr
* 150g milk chocolate
* 150g dark chocolate
* 150ml double (thick) cream
* 300g crunchy peanut butter
* 100g glacé cherries, finely chopped
* 150g fresh cherries
* handful of mixed nuts or granola
* 10 paper cupcake cases
1. Break all the chocolate into small chunks, then melt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl isn’t touching the water).
2. In a separate pan, heat the cream until it is warm to the touch (don’t let it come to the boil), then whisk into the melted chocolate until you have a smooth thick sauce.
3. Add two tablespoons of peanut butter to the chocolate mixture, whisking until it dissolves, then stir in the glacé cherries.
4. Spread out your cupcake cases on a tray or large plate and place half a teaspoon of peanut butter in each one.
5. Spoon or pipe in the chocolate mixture, dividing it evenly between the cases, then decorate with fresh cherries and mixed nuts or granola.
6. Chill for one hour in the freezer or several hours in the fridge.
Tip: If you have a muffin tin, sit the cupcake cases in it before filling them, so they keep their shape as the chocolate mixture cools and firms.
More from Eat the week: