*Olive oil, for brushing
*Sea salt and cracked black pepper
*40g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
*1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
*2 cloves garlic, crushed
*1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
*60ml lemon juice
*125ml olive oil, extra
*Rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut along the backbone of the chicken, then press firmly on the breastbone to flatten it.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
5. Roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
Place the almonds, mint, garlic, sugar, lemon juice and extra oil in a bowl and stir to combine.
7. Serve the chicken with the almond-mint sauce and rocket leaves.
Recipe adapted from the book 'Seasons' by Donna Hay. Published by Hardie Grant Books, £22.99, paperback. Visit amazon.co.uk.
More recipes from Donna Hay's Seasons book
* Pumpkin, spinach and goat's cheese pie
* Crushed raspberry tart