*1 x 375g packet of puff pastry,thawed
*egg white for brushing
*1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
*1 tablespoon icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
For the sour cream filling:
*240g sour cream
*60ml single (pouring) cream
*75g brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
2. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thickness and trim to a 20cm square. From the remaining dough cut eight strips measuring 1cm x 20cm
3. Place the dough square on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, brush the square with egg white and place half the strips around the edge to form a border, pressing gently to seal. Brush the borders with egg white and place the remaining strips on top.
4. Prick the base with a fork. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the dough with the caster sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden - allow to cool.
5. While the pastry is cooking, make the sour cream filling.
For sour cream filing:
6. Place the sour cream, single cream and brown sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside.
7. Place half the raspberries in a bowl with the icing sugar and crush lightly. Fold in the remaining raspberries and set aside.
Once the pastry has cooled, spread the sour cream filling over the base of the pastry, spoon over the raspberries and serve.
Recipe adapted from the book 'Seasons' by Donna Hay. Published by Hardie Grant Books, £22.99, paperback.Visit amazon.co.uk.
More recipes from Donna Hay's Seasons book
* Pumpkin, spinach and goat's cheese pie
* Flat roast chicken with almond and mint