Yield: 3 cups (366g)
* ¾ cup (75g) raw pecans
* ½ cup (73g) raw almonds
* ½ cup (50g) raw walnuts
* ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened
* shredded coconut
* 3 tbsp (30g) chia seeds
* ¼ cup (85g) maple syrup
* 2½ tbsp (35g) grass-fed butter or coconut oil
* 1½ tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the pecans, almonds, and walnuts until they are in small pieces. Pour into a medium bowl with the shredded coconut and chia seeds; toss to combine.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook the maple syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt until it starts to bubble. Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts, coconut, and seeds. Mix well.
4. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet so it’s not overlapping too much. Bake for 20 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown, tossing a couple of times so it cooks evenly. Once it comes out and starts to cool, it will get crunchier.
More from Super Paleo snacks:
Extract take from Super Paleo Snacks by Landria Voigt, published by Fair Winds Press.