Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 100ml dry white wine
* 150g organic stilton ,crumbled
* 1/2 x 500ml pot half-fat crème fraîche
* 300g dried linguine pasta
* 250g sliced green beans, broad beans and peas
* 100g wild rocket
1. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for five to six minutes or until the onion is starting to become translucent and soften. Add the wine and simmer for two to three minutes to reduce slightly.
2. Stir the cheese and crème fraîche into the onions and wine. Heat gently for two to three minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the sauce to warm through and the cheese to melt.
3. Meanwhile, cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling water for four minutes. Add the bean and pea mixture, and continue cooking for a further three minutes. Drain well and return to the pan.
4. Add the rocket to the pan with the pasta, combine well using two forks and cover for one minute to allow the rocket to wilt.
5. Pour the hot sauce over the pasta and toss well with plenty of cracked black pepper. Serve with a tomato salad made with cherry tomatoes, plum tomatoes and sundried tomatoes, dressed with a little balsamic vinegar.
Cook's tips: stir in baby spinach as an alternative to rocket.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com