For the fritters:
*2 medium courgettes, grated and excess juice squeezed out
*4 tbsp wholewheat flour
*4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
*1 tbsp garlic powder
*2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
*sea salt and black pepper
For the topping:
*3 poached eggs
*2 tbsp finely chopped fresh
*chives, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or skillet.
2. Mix together all the fritter ingredients using your hands, season, and roll the mixture into 6 golf ball-sized balls. Flatten the balls into patties with a spatula and add to the pan a few at a time. Cook for 6 minutes, flipping over halfway through the cooking time.
3. Transfer the cooked fritters to kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil and continue until all of the patties are cooked.
4. Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with 1 poached egg.
5. Serve garnished with chopped chives and black pepper.
More from Hungry Healthy Happy
Hungry Healthy Happy: How to nourish your body without giving up the foods you love by Dannii Martin (Jacqui Small, £20)