Preparation time: 10 minutes
© Martin Poole/Easy Living
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Per serving: 474 cals/38g fat
Serves: one, but this recipe can easily be doubled to serve two. Smaller sized tarts make great starters.
*1/2 sheet of rolled puff pastry
*2 tablespoons of pesto
*2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
*30g feta, chopped into small pieces
*1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley or basil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6).
2. Trim the pastry to a rectangle of about 15x18cm. Place the pastry on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
3. Using a sharp knife, score along the pastry a centimetre in from the edge, making sure the knife doesn't cut all the way through. Prick the pastry a few times with a fork. Spread the pesto inside the border of the pastry.
4. Top the pastry with overlapping slices of courgette (keeping the slices in rows and keeping inside the border). Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the tart from the oven and top with the feta. Return to the oven and cook for a further five minutes, or until the pastry is golden and risen.