For the pastry
* 200g gluten- and wheat-free plain white flour blend
* 100g dairy-free soya spread
* 3 tbsp chopped chives
* 4–5 tbsp cold water
For the filling
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
* 2 medium courgettes, cut into 2-cm/¾-inch chunks
* 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 175 ml unsweetened dairy-free soya milk
* salt and pepper
1. For the pastry, place the flour, spread and chives with a pinch of salt in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Mix in just enough water to bind the mixture to a firm dough.
2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to line a 19 centimeters diameter and five centimeters deep, loose based flan tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°C/Gas Mark 6 and preheat a baking sheet. Line the pastry case with baking paper and dried beans and bake blind in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further five minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
4. For the filling, heat the oil and fry the onion and courgettes, stirring often, for four to five minutes, or until softened and lightly browned. Tip into the pastry case with the tomatoes.
5. Beat the egg with the milk and season well. Pour into the pastry case. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out. Serve the quiche warm or cold.
Recipe adapted from Wheat Gluten & Dairy free are part of Parragon Books range of Love Food cookbooks. Visit www.parragon.com/lovefood