Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1/3 x 15g pack fresh lemon thyme (reserve a few sprigs for garnishing)
4 skinless cod loins (about 600g)
70g pack pancetta slices
1 tbsp lemon-infused olive oil
For the ratatouille:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
750g frozen grilled mixed vegetables
395g can cherry tomatoes
1-2 tbsp tomato purée
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Remove the leaves from the lemon thyme sprigs and sprinkle over each cod loin, then lightly season.
2. Wrap slices of pancetta around each cod loin so that the ends are underneath. Place in a non-stick roasting tin and drizzle with the lemon infused olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
3. Meanwhile, make the ratatouille. Heat the olive oil and gently fry the crushed garlic for one minute to soften.
4. Add the frozen vegetables and cook gently for five-to-10 minutes. When the vegetables are beginning to soften, stir in the cherry tomatoes and tomato purée.
5. Simmer gently for five minutes, then season to taste.
6. Serve the cod on top of the ratatouille, garnished with the reserved lemon thyme and with lightly boiled, salad or Charlotte potatoes.
Try other white fish instead of the cod, such as pollack, haddock or sea bass.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com