Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: Serves 2 as a main course
½ x 400g pack frozen seafood mix (try Waitrose Frozen Fruits de Mer cooked from frozen)
¼ tsp saffron
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
227g can chopped tomatoes
500g tub of fish stock
100g cod fillet, skinned and cubed (or fry tilapia fillets, cut into chunks)
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the garlic, bay leaves and saffron and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and fish stock.
4. Bring to the boil and add the cod or tilapia with the seafood. Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the prawns have turned pink, and the seafood and fish are cooked through.
5. Check seasoning and discard the bay leaves. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Why not use the leftover fruits de mer in a linguine marinara? Find the recipe
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com