Makes 4 half-eggs
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: approx 5 mins
Chilling time: 1 hr 20
* 300g (10 oz) milk chocolate
* 600 ml (2 cups) double/ heavy cream
* 1 tbsp rum (optional)
* 70g (3oz) meringue (bought or home-made)
* 3 tbsp cocoa powder, to decorate (optional)
1. Roughly chop the chocolate. Heat the cream with the rum (if used) in a saucepan until the cream starts to bubble.
2. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and let the chocolate melt gently; mix it in with a whisk. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the meringue. Add to the chilled chocolate mixture.
4. Either use your hands or moulds to make four half-eggs, 12 cm (5in) long, from the mixture. If using moulds that are not made from silicone, line them with clingfilm before filling.
5. Refrigerate the half-eggs for one hour more, then unmould them if required. Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving, if desired.
More Easter chocolate recipes:
Lindt Gold Bunny published by Jacqui Small, £9.99 hardback. All photos (c) Larousse.