Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Chilling time: 2 hrs
* 75g (5 tbsp) unsalted butter
* 150g (5 oz) digestive biscuits
* 155g (¾ cup) caster/superfine sugar
* 500g (2 cups) ricotta
* 2 eggs
* 150g (5 oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
* icing sugar, to decorate
1. Melt the butter. Blend the biscuits to a powder in a food processor. Mix them with the melted butter and with 75g (¹⁄3 cup) caster sugar. Spread this mixture in the bottom of six small individual cake tins lined with baking parchment.
2. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3).
3. Mix the ricotta with 80g (6½ tbsp) sugar and the eggs in a large bowl. Roughly chop the chocolate and melt it in a bowl in a bain-marie.
4. Add this to the ricotta mixture. Cover the biscuit base with this mixture and smooth the surface. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave the cheesecakes to cool, then refrigerate for two hours. Turn out the cheesecakes and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
More Easter chocolate recipes:
Lindt Gold Bunny published by Jacqui Small, £9.99 hardback. All photos (c) Larousse.