* 125g gluten-free self-raising flour
* 1 egg, beaten
* 175ml or 6 floz unsweetened soya milk
* 140g or 5 oz spring onions, thinly sliced
* 400g or 14 oz canned chickpeas, drained
* 4 tbsp chopped coriander
* sunflower oil, for frying
* salt and pepper
* coriander sprigs, to garnish
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and stir into the flour, then whisk to make a smooth batter.
2. Stir in the onions, chickpeas and coriander, then season well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and add tablespoonfuls of the batter. Fry in batches for four to five minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
4. Serve the fritters stacked on warmed serving plates, garnished with coriander sprigs.
Recipe adapted from Wheat Gluten & Dairy free are part of Parragon Books range of Love Food cookbooks. Visit www.parragon.com/lovefood