* 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
* salt and freshly gound black pepper
* 6oz (175g) taleggio cheese (straight from the fridge), cut into small cubes
* 3 tbsp pesto
1. Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in an ovenproof dish or roasting pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Mix the taleggio, pesto, basil, and cream cheese in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon on to the chicken breasts, spreading the mixture out to cover them completely. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and dust with a little paprika.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, then arrange the tomatoes around the chicken, pour the oil and vinegar over them, and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes (30 minutes for 12) or until the chicken is just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook it.
4. To serve, arrange a chicken breast on each plate with a few tomatoes, then spoon over some of the juices from the dish.
1. Put a large bunch of basil, two crushed garlic cloves, one tablespoon of pine nuts, and two tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese in a blender.
2. With the motor running, slowly pour in 100ml extra virgin olive. Season to taste.
Prepare ahead and freeze: the chicken can be prepared up to the end of step two, up to 12 hours ahead. Freeze at the end of step two for up to two months.
More recipes from Cook Up a Feast
Roasted figs with Parma ham and goat’s cheese
Heavenly lemon cheesecake on a ginger crust
Cook Up a Feast, by Mary Berry & Lucy Young, published by DK, £14.99, dk.com. Also available as an eBook from the iBook Store