Easy | Serves 4 | Ready in 50 minutes
* 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
* olive oil
* 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
* 16 small shallots, 12 left whole, 4 sliced
* 5 tbsp tarragon or sherry vinegar (tarragon vinegar is available from delis and some supermarkets)
* 125ml white wine
* 200g crème fraiche
* 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
* small bunch of tarragon , leaves chopped
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut circles from the pastry big enough to cover 4 small ovenproof bowls or ramekins with a 1cm overlap, then chill.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan. Season the chicken, brown quickly all over, then scoop out. Add all the shallots and cook until golden - about 8 minutes. Add the vinegar and reduce by half, add the chicken, wine, crème fraîche, cornflour mix and tarragon and cook for 5 minutes. Divide between the bowls.
Dampen the rims of the bowls with water, put a circle of pastry over each then press down over the sides. Make a small slash in each to let the steam out. Bake for 20-30 minutes on a baking sheet until the tops are golden. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.