*4 tablespoons olive oil
*1 onion, finely chopped
*125g chorizo picante, finely chopped
*6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
*1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
*5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
*2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
*2 x 400g tins flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
*800ml chicken stock
*150ml double cream
*50g unsalted butter
*1 small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
*sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
*500g sliced wheat and rye bread
1. Heat a large sauté pan until hot, then add half the olive oil, the onion and chorizo, and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes, then add the smoked paprika, garlic and rosemary, and stir in the beans.
3. Add the stock, cream and butter, and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the parsley and season to taste with salt and peppper.
4. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then drizzle the bread with the last of the olive oil and griddle on each side until charred.
5. Serve the bread with the soup.
More from More Home Comforts:
More Home Comforts by James Martin (Quadrille £20) Photography: Peter Cassidy