*0.25 cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
*0.5 cup (55g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
*0.75 cup (90g) almond meal(ground almonds)
*2 egg whites
*100g butter, melted
*160g dark chocolate,melted
*4 small squares dark chocolate,extra
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Place the flour, sugar, almond meal, egg whites, butter and melted chocolate in a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Spoon half the mixture into 4 x half-cup capacity (125ml) lightly greased dariole moulds.
3. Divide the extra chocolate squares between the moulds and top with the remaining mixture.
4. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked but soft in the middle.
5. Stand in tins for 5–7 minutes before turning out.
Recipe adapted from the book 'fast, fresh, simple.' by Donna Hay. Published by Hardie Grant Books, £16.99, paperback. Visit www.donnahay.com.au.