* 200 g (7 oz) baby English spinach leaves
* 200 g (7 oz) small teardrop tomatoes, halved
* 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
* ½ cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
* 200 g (7 oz) block paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
* 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the barbecue grill or hotplate to high. Combine the spinach, tomatoes, spring onion and coriander in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Pat the paneer dry with paper towels and cut into 2 cm (¾ inch) cubes.
3. Place in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Put the paneer cubes on the grill or hotplate and cook for about eight minutes, turning often so each side is golden.
5. Add the warm cheese to the spinach mixture, along with the cumin, olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
6. Serve the salad while the cheese is still warm.
More from Fired Up Vegetarian:
Fired Up Vegetarian by Ross Dobson (£14.99) is published by Murdoch Books. Photographer: Brett Stevens