* 1 litre (35 fl oz) freshly squeezed blood orange juice or ordinary orange juice, strained (aprrox 9 large oranges)
* Mint leaves (few)
* 500 ml (17 fl oz) champagne
* 630g caster (superfine) sugar
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 2 star anise
* 1 orange zest
1. To make the stock syrup, place all the ingredients in a saucepan with 525 ml (18 fl oz) of water and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then strain.
3. Mix together the stock syrup and orange juice. Churn in an ice-cream machine for 20–30 minutes following the manufacturer’s instructions, and then put in the freezer to firm.
4. Serve scoops of the sorbet with mint leaves and a a good splash of champagne. Serve immediately.
Recipes and images taken from Cook with Love by Pete Evans published by Murdoch Books, priced £20