* 3 egg yolks
* 100g sugar
* 1 vanilla pod (split and de-seeded)
* 250g mascarpone
* 250g semi-whipped cream
* sponge fingers
* 100ml cream
* 150g of fresh blueberries and raspberries
* 100 ml dry or sweet sherry100 ml dry or sweet sherry
* a handful of toasted flaked almonds
* glacé cherries
1. In a bowl, cream the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Fold the mascarpone into the mixture, then fold in the semi-whipped cream so all the ingredients are combined.
3. In a glass ramekin, add the sponge fingers and gently press the berries into them.
4. Spoon over the sherry until absorbed.
5. Finally add the cream mixture over the berries and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds and a glacé cherry to decorate.
More from The Varsity Hotel:
Recipes provided by Head Chef, Angus Martin, at The Varsity Hotel, Cambridge